Originally aired on October 10, 2023
In this episode of The Edge of AI Dispatch, several key topics in the field of artificial intelligence are discussed. These include Amazon’s investment in anthropic, Meta’s AI Studio platform, OpenAI’s updates to chat GPT, NextGen Cloud’s plans to build Europe’s first AI supercloud, AlphaSense’s successful fundraising round, Luda’s emergence from stealth with a funding round, and the potential collaboration between OpenAI and Apple designer Jony Ive and SoftBank’s Masayoshi Son to develop an AI device. These developments highlight the growing importance of AI in various industries and its potential to revolutionize customer service, market intelligence, and user-generated content.
Amazon invests $4 billion in anthropic for AI development
- Amazon pledges a significant investment to streamline the development of AI Foundation models.
- This partnership positions Amazon Web Services (AWS) as anthropic’s primary cloud provider, enabling access to state-of-the-art generative AI models.
- AWS customers will have unrestricted access to anthropic’s AI chatbot Claud on Amazon’s cloud service called bedrock.
Meta introduces AI Studio platform for AI chatbots
- Meta (formerly Facebook) reveals its AI Studio platform, which allows businesses to construct AI chatbots for Meta messaging services.
- The AI Studio aims to enhance customer service experiences and align with a brand’s values.
- Primary use cases for the AI Studio are e-commerce and customer support.
OpenAI updates chat GPT with web browsing capabilities
- OpenAI announces major updates for its AI chatbot, chat GPT, allowing it to actively browse the web for information gathering and generation.
- Websites will have control over how chat GPT interacts with them to ensure responsible and secure usage.
- New voice and image capabilities for chat GPT will be rolled out, enabling voice and image-based interactions with the chatbot.
NextGen Cloud invests $1 billion in building Europe’s first AI supercloud
- NextGen Cloud commits to investing $1 billion in creating Europe’s first AI supercloud.
- The AI supercloud aims to streamline the deployment of resource-intensive AI applications while complying with European laws and privacy regulations.
- The services provided by the AI supercloud will be powered by 100% renewable energy.
AlphaSense secures $150 million in funding for its AI-powered market intelligence platform
- AlphaSense raises $150 million in a series Z funding round, increasing its valuation to $2.5 billion.
- The funding will be used to enhance AlphaSense’s AI search capabilities, marketing intelligence, and financial generative AI features.
- Strategic acquisitions are also planned to expand the AI platform.
Luda emerges from stealth with $7 million funding round for AI-driven user-generated content
- Luda, an AI-driven user-generated content gameplay company, announces its emergence from stealth with a $7 million funding round.
- The company aims to enable anyone to create, train, and launch their own AI agents through real-time reinforcement learning.
- Industry veterans from Google research, Disney, and Zynga are part of the Luda team.