Originally aired on July 5, 2023
In this livestream, the host discusses a big Ripple update regarding XRP and argues that the Howey test is a violation of the law. The host also shares personal experiences and expresses the desire to move out of California due to high taxes. The conversation moves on to Mark Cuban’s comments on regulation and the creation of central bank digital currencies (CBDCs). It ends with a discussion on fraud in the cryptocurrency space and the importance of customer fund segregation.
Is the Howey test a violation of the law?
- The host believes the Howey test, used to determine if an investment qualifies as a security, violates the law.
What are the potential implications of this Ripple update?
- The livestream mentions a big update regarding Ripple and XRP but does not provide specific details.
Why does the host want to move out of California?
- The host expresses frustration with high tax rates and lack of support from friends and family in the state.
How does Mark Cuban feel about regulation and CBDCs?
- Mark Cuban argues that clear regulations are necessary to prevent fraud, and questions the need for central bank digital currencies.
How does customer fund segregation impact fraud prevention?
- The discussion highlights the importance of segregating customer funds to prevent incidents like the Mt. Gox hack.