Originally aired on May 23, 2026
Bill Barhydt, the host of Money Talks, talks to Dan Tapiero, CEO and managing partner of 10T Holdings, a growth equity venture capital firm. They discuss the future of proof of work versus proof of stake, the risks for Ethereum, and the scalability of Lightning.
Is Proof of Work Obsolete?
- Bitcoin’s role as a stable hard asset should not be interrupted
- New technologies like Mimblewimble can be tested on platforms like Litecoin
- Fundamentally, proof of stake makes more sense for a system that wants to be the world’s computer
- Proof of work will likely only be used for Bitcoin
- Technology competition between chains is important for crypto