Originally aired on August 14, 2023
Nick Black and Brandon discuss the latest developments in cryptocurrency and AI technology. They warn listeners to be vigilant about crypto scams and not sharing private keys. The hosts review crypto news, including speculation around SEC approval of a Bitcoin ETF. They also cover AI topics like the high costs of operating chatbots, security vulnerabilities with leading AI systems, and the demand for quality data to train AI models. Throughout the free-flowing show, Nick and Brandon banter back and forth, poke fun at each other, and share personal stories.
What crypto security tips did Nick share?
- Don’t share private keys, passphrase, or passwords
- Be wary of suspicious links – scammers try to steal crypto
- Use secure practices like new wallets, browsers for compromised accounts
What is happening with a Bitcoin ETF approval?
- Former SEC attorney predicts no spot Bitcoin ETF approval currently
- SEC remains opposed to spot Bitcoin markets
- Bitcoin markets seen as prone to manipulation
- Approval may come in 2024 with new administration
What is the demand for AI data about?
- Quality data critical to train and advance AI models
- Legal battles arising over data rights and usage
- Intense competition to obtain valuable datasets
- Key commodity for companies to harness AI potential
What were the key AI developments discussed?
- Chatbot operating costs very high, raising viability questions
- Hacking contests uncover vulnerabilities in leading models
- Cameras with AI help track wildfires and species in UK
- Leverage AI chatbots for tasks like presentation slides