Originally aired on July 21, 2023
This transcript features an interview with Benjamin Charbit, the CEO and co-founder of Life Beyond Studios, a gaming platform focused on building a metaverse with a player-driven tokenized economy. Charbit discusses the vision behind Life Beyond and the integration of blockchain technology in the gaming world. He highlights the importance of community partnerships and the role of web3 in creating immersive gaming experiences. Additionally, Drew Coffman of Friends With Benefits (FWB) joins the conversation to talk about the upcoming FWB Innovation Festival and the focus on building a better internet through collaboration and creativity.
Blockchain Powered Online Gaming | Life Beyond Studios’ Benjamin Charbit – Highlights:
- Benjamin Charbit, the CEO of Life Beyond Studios, discusses the vision and mission of his company to create a metaverse that offers more than just gameplay.
- Life Beyond is a player-driven tokenized economy that incorporates blockchain technology and NFTs to enable players to shape their own roles in the game.
- The integration of blockchain technology allows for true ownership and interoperability, giving players the ability to trade, sell, and rent their in-game assets.
- Charbit emphasizes the importance of community partnerships and engagement in the development process, allowing players to have a stake in the game and contribute to its growth.
- The roadmap for Life Beyond includes rolling out a new art direction, partnerships with tier NFT communities, and expanding gameplay experiences for players.
- The FWB Innovation Festival, hosted by Friends With Benefits, brings together creative individuals to explore the future of the internet and collaborative opportunities.
- The festival offers a space for like-minded individuals to connect and discuss topics such as decentralized finance, art, music, and technology.
- FWB is a community-focused social network that aims to create a better internet by fostering collaboration and innovation.
- FWB community members have the opportunity to submit proposals, contribute to governance decisions, and participate in events and workshops.
- The FWB app, a prototype social network, provides a space for FWB community members to connect, share content, and engage with the community.
- The app focuses on privacy and includes features such as posting, governance functions, and event notifications.