Originally aired on November 2, 2023
The Bored Ape Yacht Club, a popular NFT group known for creating highly sought-after NFTs, organized an extravagant event in which attendees experienced eye and skin problems. The use of UV lights at the event allegedly caused damage to the attendees’ skin and eyes, similar to sunburn. One attendee claimed to have almost lost their sight and urged others to get their eyes checked. Yuga Labs, the organizers of the event, expressed distress over the reports and emphasized the importance of health and safety.
Attendees of the Bored Ape NFT event experiencing eye and skin problems:
- UV lights used at the event allegedly caused damage to the attendees’ skin and eyes.
- Some attendees reported symptoms similar to sunburn and sought medical assistance.
- One attendee warned others about potential eye damage caused by the UV lights.
The popularity and influence of the Bored Ape Yacht Club:
- The Bored Ape Yacht Club has gained significant attention for creating highly popular NFTs.
- The club’s latest event, organized by Yuga Labs, further increased their prominence.
- Attendees of the event were passionate NFT enthusiasts.
Yuga Labs’ response to the reports:
- Yuga Labs, the organizers of the event, expressed distress over the reports of eye and skin problems.
- The safety and well-being of their community is of utmost importance to Yuga Labs.
- The statement addressed the reports and highlighted their commitment to health and safety.