Originally aired on July 31, 2023
In this episode, Wendy O covers the latest developments with the SEC’s lawsuit against Coinbase. She argues the SEC is overreaching by trying to halt all crypto trading on Coinbase, not just the 13 assets named in their complaint. Wendy slams this as market manipulation that hurts investors and exceeds the SEC’s authority. She notes SEC chair Gary Gensler couldn’t even state if top crypto Ethereum is a security.
Other topics include the SEC filing fraud charges against crypto project Hex and its founder Richard Heart. While saying she has no issue with Heart, Wendy points to Hex’s poor price action as potentially signaling the end for the project. She questions why the SEC is only acting on alleged issues from years ago rather than protecting investors sooner.
Wendy discusses Binance receiving approval for full operations in crypto-friendly Dubai. She argues Binance and other crypto firms will continue moving abroad due to the SEC’s anti-crypto actions in the US. There is also coverage of a major exploit affecting Curve Finance, with Wendy warning viewers not to deposit funds there until the vulnerability is fixed.
The episode covers dubious new meme coins like Ball seeing pumps and dumps, as well as an upgrade for Cardano. Wendy signs off early to deal with internet issues, apologizing to Hex investors but calling the SEC lawsuit “absolute socks.” She thanks viewers for watching and says crypto is no longer welcome in the US under current policies.
How is the SEC escalating its lawsuit against Coinbase?
- Trying to halt all crypto trading on platform, not just 13 assets
- Wendy argues massive overreach, market manipulation
- Notes SEC chair couldn’t say if Ethereum is a security
What charges did the SEC file against crypto project Hex?
- Fraud charges against founder Richard Heart and Hex entities
- Wendy questions why SEC is acting years later
- Points to Hex’s poor price action as sign project could be done
How is Dubai attracting crypto companies like Binance?
- Binance received approval for full operations in Dubai
- Wendy says crypto firms moving abroad due to SEC actions
What is the latest with crypto platform Curve Finance?
- Major exploit impacting multiple pools on Curve
- Wendy warns viewers not to deposit money until fixed
What dubious activities happened with new meme coins?
- Pumps and dumps for coins like Ball right after launch
- Also a token launch by Cryptopunks founder called a scam