Originally aired on September 20, 2023
In this passionate episode, Wendy O discusses Ripple executives trolling the SEC, an anti-CBDC bill, updates on the FTX situation including Sam Bankman-Fried’s politically connected parents, and warnings from the SEC about targeting more crypto exchanges and DeFi projects. She expresses frustration with the SEC going after smaller players rather than massive failures like FTX. Wendy also highlights concerning connections between FTX insiders like SBF’s parents and Democratic fundraising groups. Overall, she provides strongly opinionated commentary on recent crypto developments while lambasting U.S. regulators and the current administration.
What did Ripple executives do outside the SEC building?
- Brad Garlinghouse took a picture with the Ripple lawyer outside the SEC headquarters
- They met with lawmakers in Washington D.C. to discuss crypto regulation
- No meeting secured with SEC Chair Gary Gensler despite court battle
What is the bill to block CBDCs?
- Conservative think tank backing a bill by Rep. Tom Emmer
- Would prevent Fed involvement in developing a CBDC
- Aims to address privacy concerns around digital currency
What links are alleged between FTX and Democrats?
- Lawsuit claims SBF’s parents advised major Democratic fundraising group
- His father involved with political action committee that got FTX money
- Brother led lobbying group that spent millions from FTX executives
What warnings did the SEC give about crypto regulation?
- Plan to charge more crypto exchanges engaging in similar activities as Binance
- Won’t be deterred from targeting DeFi projects despite decentralized label
- Comments suggest further crackdown on crypto industry despite lack of clear guidelines
What global crypto developments were covered?
- Japan launching Bitcoin investment fund for institutions
- Circle making USDC available on Polkadot blockchain
- Increased DeFi activity and growth on Binance Smart Chain
How did Wendy characterize the current administration?
- Expressed they want to keep average Americans poor and powerless
- Frustration with lack of action against major crypto failures like FTX
- Sees predatory practices in going after smaller players in crypto
00:00 – Intro
08:30 – Why we talk about Ripple XRP
10:15 – HEX Pulse Chain pump
12:15 – BTC daily, 12h, 6h & 4h
14:20 – Protect yourself from sim swaps
15:55 – Ripple meets with Congress
18:00 – Unelected bureaucrats sold out to AI
21:05 – Apple Goldman Sachs iPhone trading app
24:55 – SEC says more doom coming for defi/crypto
33:00 – Anti-CBDC bill making ground
36:00 Subscribe to Ben Armstrong
37:15 – Coinex back online after exploit
38:55 – “Balancer” project ongoing website exploit
39:35 PARTNER Phemex MASSIVE GIVEAWAY
42:30 – Stanford Uni to return millions to FTX estate
43:10 – SBF FTX even more dark secrets exposed
46:35 – Grayscale new ETH futures ETF application
47:10 – Deutsche Bank exec faces jail
47:45 – Coinbase CEO says science is fake!