Originally aired on Jan 25, 2023
Jesse and Priscilla talk with Dr. Spiros Michalakis, CalTech quantum physicist and consultant for Hollywood blockbusters Ant-Man, Captain Marvel, and Bill & Ted 3. What would happen if scientists were considered as important to sci-fi filmmaking as the director, the writer, and the actors?
How Hollywood movies can promote scientific literacy and the importance of slowing down to have conversations and ask questions in understanding complex scientific concepts.
- Hollywood movies can be a valuable tool for promoting scientific literacy.
- Slowing down to have conversations and ask questions is important in understanding complex scientific concepts.
- Euphoria comes from learning and providing challenges that refine ideas and conversations.
- There is much hidden in the universe, which can be explored through scientific inquiry.
- The complexity of the universe can be found in an infinitesimally small point.
- Being the dumbest person in the room can be exciting when striving to learn and understand.
- The full structure and complexity of the universe can be found in even the smallest things, such as a grain of sand.