Jesse and Priscilla talk with secret society scholar and expert Richard B. Spence about the history and ethos of secret societies, their deep secrets, and hidden agendas, including the Soviet espionage operation in Mexico and the possibility that they launched a balloon to spy on US nuclear testing in New Mexico.
What are Secret Societies?
- Secret societies have existed throughout history, with some possessing real power and influence.
- New Mexico was a high-security military state in 1947 due to its nuclear facilities, making it a target for espionage.
- The prevailing winds in New Mexico meant that a balloon launched from northern Mexico could potentially drift over US nuclear testing sites.
- Secret societies have been accused of trying to control world events and governments.
- Some secret societies, such as the Freemasons and Skull and Bones, are exclusive and only allow a select few to join their ranks.
- The existence of secret societies and their possible motives have long intrigued conspiracy theorists and scholars alike.
- The true nature and activities of secret societies may never be fully revealed.