Originally aired on November 7, 2023
In this episode of The O Show, host Wendy O discusses the potential theory of “Eth Gate,” which suggests that Ethereum founders and the Ethereum Foundation had secret dealings with high-ranking US officials and the Chinese Communist Party (CCP). She also covers the launch of FTX 2.0, a groundbreaking partnership between Cardano and Polkadot, Kraken’s plans to build a layer 2 blockchain network, and other news in the crypto industry. Wendy O emphasizes the importance of conducting due diligence and making informed decisions in the crypto space.
Is Ethereum involved in a scandal? (Eth Gate Theory)
- Theory suggests Ethereum founders and the Ethereum Foundation had secret dealings with US officials and the CCP.
- Alleged fraud and potential regulatory manipulation may damage Ethereum’s credibility.
- The authenticity of the theory is still unverified, but it raises questions about Ethereum’s connections and operations.
FTX 2.0: Reshaping Blockchain Interoperability
- FTX aims to build a layer 2 blockchain network similar to Coinbase’s Base.
- The partnership between Cardano and Polkadot will integrate their frameworks to offer versatile solutions for different chains and ecosystems.
- This collaboration may revolutionize blockchain interoperability and expand opportunities for developers and users.
Kraken’s Plans for Layer 2 Blockchain Network
- Kraken is considering partnerships with leading blockchain firms to launch their own layer 2 protocol.
- The company wants to provide a user-friendly solution and enhance speed and scalability.
- The integration of layer 2 solutions can improve the overall efficiency and performance of blockchain networks.
Custodia Bank’s Regulatory Approval for Bitcoin Custody Platform
- Custodia Bank has received regulatory approval for its Bitcoin custody platform.
- The service offers segregated custody accounts for businesses, fiduciaries, and investment advisers.
- Customers must be aware that deposits with Custodia are not insured by the FDIC.
Yugul Lab’s Social Lead Resigns After Controversial Tweets
- A social lead at Yugul Lab, an unidentified individual, resigned after posting controversial tweets.
- The incident highlights the importance of maintaining professionalism and respect on social media platforms.
- Negative behavior and harmful comments should be avoided to create a healthy online environment.
Other News in the Crypto Industry
- Bitcoin transaction fees reach the highest level in over five months, impacting user costs.
- Ordinal sales on the rise, with a significant increase compared to the previous week.
- Binance announces plans to list Orinoco, an L2 project, with potential inclusion in the C-tag category.
00:00 – Intro
03:30 – Grifting on the Bitcoin ETFs
04:50 – Protecting the babes
07:15 – The entire crypto market
08:35 – BTC weekly, daily, 4h & 45m
10:20 – ETH price analysis
11:10 – What is ETHgate ?
19:40 – Marketing 101
20:55 – FTX relaunch update
24:00 – Caroline Ellison former actress
24:30 – Join me & John Deaton live 3PM ET
27:40 – New bill to cut Gensler’s salary
29:50 – Binance to onboard next 1billion users
30:25 – Economist steals Binance logo
34:50 – Binance to list ORDI trading pairs
36:30 – Bitcoin Ordinals inscriptions hits 38million
37:00 – Ccardano AD Polkadot DOT partnership
37:55 – Kraken to launch L2 blockchain network
38:30 – Custodia Bank launches BTC custody service
39:15 – Yugalabs staff resign