Originally aired on June 23, 2023
Chia blockchain has announced the development of a framework called Chia Open Digital Economy which aims to develop an interoperability standard that allows users to own their digital identity and transfer it along with their assets from one world to another. This will be achieved by unifying all the information associated with a user’s identity and assets, ultimately incentivizing collaboration across creators building applications using Chia’s blockchain technology.
Democratizing the Metaverse with Chia
- Chia announces Chia Open Digital Economy to develop an interoperability standard.
- The framework aims to deliver seamless ownership of digital identities and assets in the metaverse.
- Chia’s goal is to incentivize collaboration across creators using Chia’s blockchain technology.
- The Chia Open Digital Economy plans to ensure interoperability across games and digital worlds.
- The framework seeks to eliminate central parties and offer trading of digital assets without using marketplaces.
- Chia sees the visual presentation layer of the metaverse’s world as a manifestation of what that particular world supports.