Originally aired on November 30, 2023
This episode of What’s Trending uncovers the concept of ghost kitchens, which are restaurants that operate solely through food delivery apps. Social media users have been discovering that many restaurants on these apps are not what they appear to be, often posing as multiple different brands. The episode showcases the deceptive practices of ghost kitchens and the implications for consumers.
What are ghost kitchens and how do they operate?
- Ghost kitchens are restaurants that operate solely through food delivery apps
- They often pose as multiple different brands to create the illusion of variety
- Consumers are often deceived about the origins of the food they order
How are consumers discovering the truth about ghost kitchens?
- Social media users are uncovering the true locations of ghost kitchens by researching the addresses listed on food delivery apps
- Many are shocked to find that their favorite restaurants are actually well-known chains like Denny’s
- This revelation has sparked viral discussions and concerns about food transparency
What are some implications of ghost kitchens for consumers?
- The deceptive nature of ghost kitchens raises questions about food quality, safety, and hygiene
- Consumers may feel misled and lose trust in the food delivery app industry
- Understanding the true origins of the food they order becomes a challenge for consumers