Originally aired on July 26, 2023
John Attanasio, the co-founder and CEO of Toonstar, a web3 Animation Studio, discusses how his company leverages AI and blockchain in entertainment. Toonstar, a NextGeneration animation Network designed for the mobile age, focuses on web3 story studio and interactive storytelling. They use AI in their production process to automate labor-intensive tasks and produce high-quality animation at a faster pace. Additionally, they have incorporated AI into their social experience by allowing the community to co-create characters and storylines with the help of AI. Attanasio emphasizes the benefits of blockchain in terms of ownership and decentralization, allowing creators to have control, own their work, and connect directly with their audience. He sees blockchain as a solution to the challenges and limitations of the traditional studio system.
How does Toonstar use AI in their production process?
- Toonstar has developed an AI-powered animation tech stack that automates labor-intensive animation processes such as lip syncing and facial expressions, allowing them to produce high-quality animation quickly.
- By using machine learning, Toonstar’s AI technology helps in creating realistic movement and interactions between characters in their animation projects.
- The speed and efficiency of their AI-powered production process enable Toonstar to meet the content cadence expected by audiences on social media platforms.
- This faster production process also allows for real-time interactions with the audience, creating a deeper connection and making the content more relatable.
- Toonstar has integrated AI voice technology into their series, with the first AI voice character featured in their animated series “Space Junk.” The AI voice character enhances the storytelling experience and adds a unique element to the series.
- The AI technology utilized by Toonstar provides assistance and guidance to the community, allowing them to co-create characters, develop backstories, and generate visual representations of their creations.