Originally aired on May
Bo Daly, CEO of Bazooka Tango, discusses the transition from Web 2 to Web 3 gaming and his partnership with Immutable on a new game called Shardbound. Daly, a former engineer with Rockstar, sees potential in Web 3 for giving players more control over their economy and creating games that last forever with blockchain technology.
Why did Bo Daly make the leap to Web 3 gaming?
- Daly believes in challenging assumptions and pushing boundaries.
- Web 2 monetization models are not always gamer-friendly.
- Web 3 allows players to control their own economy and sell back items they no longer want.
- Games can be built to last forever with the security of blockchain technology.
- Decentralized autonomous organizations (DAOs) could take ownership of games that have run their course.
- Daly takes inspiration from World of Warcraft in building a successful metaverse.