Originally aired on September 21, 2023
In this wide-ranging episode, host Wendy O discusses the latest crypto news, including the FTX collapse, regulation, and adoption. She provides market analysis, calling for more consolidation after Bitcoin hit resistance near $27k. Wendy covers stories about FTX insiders alleging fraud by SBF’s parents, delays in Mt. Gox repayments, and questionable delistings by New York regulators despite court rulings. Sharing her irritation with SEC Chair Gensler, she praises a Congressional bill to ban a Fed CBDC but believes one is still likely. Wendy checks in on Cardano founder Charles Hoskinson’s beef with Ripple and blockchain voting company Clear Ballot. She also announces an upcoming Twitter Spaces podcast.
What did Wendy say about the FTX collapse?
- FTX insiders claim SBF’s parents directed fraud
- Alameda trader “fat-fingered” 2021 flash crash
- SBF created culture accepting risk and issues
What is Wendy’s view on crypto regulation?
- She blasts Gary Gensler’s overreach and contempt for courts
- Cheers bill to ban Fed CBDC but expects one anyway
- Angered by New York delisting XRP despite court win
What does Wendy think about Cardano’s Hoskinson?
- Charles still hasn’t spoken with Ripple critic John Deaton
- She wants Charles to discuss claims, not just attack critics
- Still bullish on ADA, praises Cardano community
What new show did Wendy announce?
- Black & White podcast launching on Twitter Spaces
- Airs Mondays 1-3pm ET for freer discussions
- Will cover crypto and mainstream news topics
00:00 – Intro
06:10 – The entire crypto market
06:25 – BTC price analysis
08:00 – Crypto thrives in Asia
09:25 – FTX insider exposes Alameda trades
12:05 – SBF’s dad deeply involved in FTX
18:10 – Mt. Gox repayments delayed again
21:40 – Crypto full of hucksters
26:20 – Tradfi bribes
29:30 – Government shutdown
31:15 – ETH bribed the SEC?
33:20 – Securities confusion everywhere
38:45 – Anti-CBDC bill passed
45:50 = Online free speech attack
48:25 = Friendtech vs Alpha