Originally aired on June 18, 2023
Paul Hemming and Galen Oakes, the brilliant minds behind Future Factory, a groundbreaking lifestyle brand that evolved from an immersive record store in Oakland to what it is today, join us to discuss the journey and vision of their venture.
How did Future Factory come to be?
- It started with an immersive record store in Oakland, which eventually led to the opening of the first nightclub, Temple, in San Francisco in 2007, featuring immersive art installations.
- Future Factory expanded to Denver, creating a synergistic ecosystem that incorporated co-working, tech investment, and health and wellness components.
- The COVID-19 pandemic caused a temporary shutdown, but government stimulus funds helped them relocate to Los Angeles, where they are now building an exciting new space.
What is Future Factory’s vision?
- Future Factory envisions a lifetime membership space that effortlessly merges a nightclub, art gallery, marketplace, yoga studio, and more, providing an extraordinary immersive, and communal experience.
- It’s rooted in three distinct cities – Oakland, San Francisco, and Denver, each echoing different facets of artistic convergence.
- The concept is built upon years of immersive spatial design ideation, transformed into a vibrant, multi-dimensional, and experiential membership that lasts a lifetime.
How is Future Factory incorporating NFTs?
- Recognizing the potential of NFTs to bring ownership to digital goods and unlock new revenue streams for creators, Future Factory is integrating NFTs into their platform and spaces.
- This includes the creation of an NFT art gallery, which allows artists to showcase their work in innovative ways.
How does Galen Oakes’ NFT project fit into Future Factory’s vision?
- Galen’s NFT project, which combines his unique style and AI expertise, is an embodiment of the creativity and innovation Future Factory seeks to foster.
- His project, which includes an NFT of a spaceship image, showcases the endless possibilities that NFTs bring to artistic expression.
What is Outer Edge LA and how does it relate to Future Factory?
- Outer Edge LA is an event that partnered with Future Factory and took place within Future Factory’s space.
- The event features discussions and performances related to the Web3 ecosystem, resonating with Future Factory’s commitment to embracing cutting-edge technologies and ideas.
In this episode, we also hear from Nate Minsberg of BNV, who shares the captivating work of bringing fashion to Web3 through NFT-backed ecosystems, pushing the boundaries of fashion to the outer edge and beyond.
Don’t miss out on this exhilarating conversation about how Future Factory is redefining the landscape of immersive music and art, and utilizing NFTs to unlock the future of utility.