Inside The Mind Of A Famed Latino Political Cartoonist | Lalo Alcaraz | Wondros Podcast Ep 179
Jesse and Priscilla talk with iconic Herblock Prize-winning cartoonist & political satirist, Lalo Alcaraz, about his many syndicated political cartoons including “La Cucaracha,” and human rights activism through art.
Lalo discusses how he uses humor to criticize power structures and push for social change, and shares his experiences with issues such as immigration, racism, and politics.
- Alcaraz discusses his use of satire and humor to criticize power structures and push for social change.
- He shares how he uses his work to fight against issues such as immigration, racism, and politics.
- Alcaraz talks about his experiences with creating absurd and ridiculous hoaxes to call attention to political issues.
- He stresses the importance of representation and diversity in media and politics.
- Alcaraz discusses his advocacy work for environmental causes and sustainability.
- He shares his approach to creating political cartoons and the role of art in activism.
- Alcaraz talks about his Mexican heritage and how it influences his work and activism.