Originally aired on October 17, 2023
In this episode of The Edge of NFT, hosts Joshua Kriger and Richard Carthon discuss various topics related to non-fungible tokens (NFTs) with guest Joe Benso from Casper Association. One of the main topics covered is the recent questioning of the value of NFTs, with a study revealing that a large percentage of NFTs have no market value. The hosts and guest provide their thoughts on this sensationalism, acknowledging that while many NFT collections may indeed be worthless, there is still great potential for valuable NFTs, particularly in the art sector. They emphasize the importance of genuine utility and historical significance in determining the value of NFTs. The episode also touches on the upcoming Future Blockchain Summit in Dubai, where the hosts will be attending and discussing the future of web3 technology.
CRYPTO & NFT VALUE
- A recent study reveals that 95% of NFTs are currently not worth anything in the market.
- Half of these collections may not be legitimate, leading to the perception that NFT trading is just trading jpegs with no inherent value.
- However, art NFTs and other NFTs with genuine utility and historical relevance have the potential for long-term value.
FUTURE BLOCKCHAIN SUMMIT IN DUBAI
- The hosts will be attending the Future Blockchain Summit in Dubai.
- The event will feature speakers from notable companies in the blockchain and crypto space, including BitGo, Binance, and Circle.
- The conference aims to empower disruptors, inspire change makers, and fuel innovators in web3 technology, NFTs, and the metaverse.