Launching a Sci-Fi Web3 Assault with Metalcore
Originally aired on June 5, 2023
Metalcore is a massive multiplayer FPS game that includes looting, crafting, and progression. It features high-octane action with different vehicles and infantry fighting to control the map. The game is currently in semi-public playtesting, with more scheduled before its main release later this year. Metalcore is partnered with Immutable to integrate Web3 into the game and has an NFT infantry Genesis collection out on OpenC. The game’s uniqueness comes from the stats, and the properties of the NFTs can be unique, with different combinations of stats.
Web3 integration in Metalcore
- Metalcore burst onto the scene in 2021, and the studio was able to crank out this massive game in a short amount of time.
- Metalcore is partnered with Immutable to integrate Web3 into the game, with plans to integrate characters, vehicles, and land in the future.
- The game has an NFT infantry Genesis collection out on OpenC, with unique properties for each NFT.
- Immutable will be working with Metalcore to integrate the game with their products, such as Passport and their Network.
- The game has had a very close relationship with Polygon, who recently formed an alliance with Immutable in the Web3 gaming space.
- Metalcore has prioritized delivering an alluring gaming experience before integrating into Web3.