Originally aired on August 1, 2023
In this episode, Wendy O discusses a new partnership for Ripple that aims to transform global payments. She praises it as a smart business move that shows Ripple actively working with industry leaders to solve cross-border payment issues. Wendy argues if Ripple continues making strategic partnerships like this, it can lead payment rail innovation within 3 years.
There is also coverage of a prediction that crypto will see mass adoption by 2025 from ex-Goldman Sachs executive Raoul Pal. His forecast echoes Ripple’s own survey indicating blockchain adoption within 3 years. Wendy is skeptical about measuring users versus wallet addresses but finds the timeline interesting.
The show covers dubious activities around new meme coins like Ball. Wendy warns viewers these types of hyped tokens are likely rug pulls designed to steal money. She argues on-chain data can reveal pump and dump schemes, unlike traditional finance where such actions are obscured.
Other topics include an update on FTX’s bankruptcy and reorganization plans, issues with the founder of Curve Finance being overleveraged, and analysis of Bitcoin’s price chart. Wendy closes by reiterating her support for crypto projects defending against unjust SEC lawsuits, regardless of her personal opinions on those projects.
What new partnership could boost Ripple’s payment rail goals?
- Teaming with Faster Payments Council on global payments study
- Survey found dissatisfaction with cross-border legacy systems
- Wendy says Ripple building business model around industry pain points
What prediction does an ex-Goldman exec make about crypto adoption?
- Raoul Pal sees over 1 billion crypto users globally by end of 2025
- Echoes Ripple survey suggesting blockchain adoption within 3 years
- Wendy skeptical of measuring wallet addresses versus users
What warnings does Wendy give around new meme coins like Ball?
- Calls them likely rug pulls designed to steal money
- Notes on-chain data reveals pump and dump schemes
- Says actions obscured in traditional finance vs transparent crypto
What updates were given on the FTX bankruptcy proceedings?
- Draft reorganization plan proposes reviving offshore exchange
- Creditors say they weren’t consulted on tentative plans
- Issues between founder and creditors could slow process
What is Wendy’s stance on crypto projects facing SEC lawsuits?
- Supports projects defending against unjust government action
- Regardless of her personal opinions on those projects
- Cites importance of fairness and seeing facts of cases
00:00 – Gm babes xo
02:50 – Did SBF rug $BALD?
17:15 – The entire crypto market
17:55 – BTC price analysis
19:10 – New Ripple XRP partnership
22:10 – XRP price analysis
25:00 – 2015 Bull Market prediction
27:55 – FTX reorganisation plan
33:15 – IRS requires staking rewards declaration
34:40 – TRON founder OTC Curve $CRV deal
38:14 – This will hurt poor people
40:55 – What’s next for $HEX?
45:00 – A big set back for Ripple?
47:30 – Final news and tweets