Originally aired on November 13, 2023
Meet the Drapers Season 6 Episode 4 features pitches from innovative startups at Web Summit in Portugal. Former US Treasurer Rosa Gumataotao Rios joins the Draper family as a guest judge.
Musiversal provides unlimited music collaboration sessions with top musicians through a subscription platform. Kumulus makes drinking water from air using solar power. Yamgo pays users crypto rewards for online actions. Zealpay identifies retail customers at checkout via POS integration. My-Money is a biometric, device-free payment system. Judges select one company to advance.
What unique solution does Zealpay offer retailers?
- Zealpay’s middleware identifies customers at checkout via POS terminals
- Integrates loyalty programs to recognize returning vs new shoppers
- Uses AI to predict customer purchase patterns
What does Musiversal aim to make more accessible?
- Music production and collaboration
- Pairs users with professional musicians
- Platform features artist profiles and samples
- Monthly subscription for unlimited sessions
How does Kumulus extract drinking water?
- Solar-powered machine condenses moisture from air
- Uses cold plates to collect humidity like dew
- Produces 30 liters of water per day
- Costs $100/month over 2-3 year payback
What benefits does Yamgo offer consumers?
- Pays crypto rewards for online actions
- Clicks, downloads, purchases earn Yamgo tokens
- Uses blockchain for rewards program
- Aims to share data revenue with users
What problem does My-Money address?
- Biometric payment system uses fingerprint
- Patented technology needs no phone or wallet
- Fraud protection certified by the FIDO Alliance
- Partnerships with payment terminal providers
What feedback did judges give entrepreneurs?
- Concerns about competition, bank cooperation
- Wanted to meet startup founders directly
- Questioned market size and business models
- Complimented diversity and social impact