Originally aired on April 21, 2023
The NFT.NYC 2023 event held at the Jacob Javits Convention Center, in contrast to previous events that drew large crowds, saw less than 6,000 attendees. However, the event’s attendees were serious about learning about the industry instead of making easy money, and the speakers had significant information about the NFT market’s future. The event highlighted the importance of building products for non-blockchain gamers, and fewer suits should be in charge of game development.
The Future of Web3 Gaming
- The future of Web3 gaming is shifting, with fewer suits in charge of development, and more people with personal love for games leading the way.
- Axie Infinity’s success combined the fantasy of replacing day jobs with playing video games with the reality of how that can interact with the global economy.
- Building games that the mainstream does not care about and pretending that play-to-earn is the solution should stop.
- Scholarship programs fueled by the disparate income levels in different nations were integral to Axie Infinity’s success.
- While there will always be a place for Axie Infinity-type games that allow for generating income, greediness is dangerous for investing in the space.
- It’s crucial to build products for non-blockchain gamers to improve consumer rights and offer benefits that Web 2.0 gaming does not provide.