Originally aired on June 16, 2023
Pillz is a physical fashion and tech startup that merges web3 with the real world, creating physical web3 wearables that showcase NFT collectibles in an innovative way. The company consists of a team of 40 people working 16 hours daily for months, resulting in one of the coolest new hardware devices to be released. The device is a small computer that can display NFTs, has integrated graphics computing, and is a gaming platform like a console with games within it. It has everything that a usual smartphone or top smartwatches have excluded specific features for web3.
Genesis of Pillz and features
- Pillz is a device that started as a jewelry project with some electronics that aimed to showcase and display NFTs as very expensive digital assets that people couldn’t show off.
- The company wants to be known as a brand creating devices for digital identity that will become a hardware basement for software, offering tangible, funny, and relatable devices that expand the industry and make web3 go mainstream.
- The device is a cultural piece of physical identity that matches the digital identity, creating a tangible immersive experience with NFT collectibles and games, enhancing the interaction with digital collectibles.
Features of the device
- Has a battery life of four to five days, uses four nanometer technology process for chipset, and comes with a charging station like an airport case that can last for one month of charging.
- Has different protocols such as NFC, Bluetooth BLE, Wi-Fi, hermetic. It has a good display, temperature sensor, horoscope accelerometer, and GPS, among others.
- Users can upload NFTs they own on the device, but if they don’t own it, the device will not allow the upload.