Originally aired on October 20, 2023
In this episode of The O Show, host Wendy O discusses several important topics in the world of cryptocurrency. She starts off by talking about the upcoming Bitcoin rally and the recent victories for XRP and Grayscale. Wendy also shares her thoughts on the legal battle between Ripple and the SEC, highlighting the significance of the recent dismissal of charges against Ripple executives. She emphasizes the importance of practicing risk management and emotional intelligence when investing in cryptocurrencies. Wendy then comments on the unfortunate news of Library Inc. winding down due to financial difficulties caused by the SEC. She criticizes the SEC’s actions and calls for fair regulations in the crypto industry. The episode also covers the latest developments involving Gary Gensler, the SEC Commissioner, and his twin brother who is a global fund manager. Wendy raises questions about their potential involvement in questionable activities. The episode concludes with discussions on the Treasury Department’s call to crack down on crypto mixers, the high inflation rates in the United States, and the consideration of a universal basic income in Canada. Wendy expresses her views on strong borders and the need to protect citizens while acknowledging the complexities of these issues in a diverse society.
PREPARING FOR THE BITCOIN RALLY
- Bitcoin breaks resistance level at $287 and shows signs of a rally.
- Technical analysis indicates potential retracement before further upward movement.
- Personal anecdotes about Wendy’s event schedule and bedtime habits.
XRP AND GRAYSCALE VICTORIES
- Ripple executives, Brad Garlinghouse and Chris Larsen, have charges dismissed in the ongoing SEC lawsuit.
- The dismissal is a significant win for Ripple and the entire crypto community.
- Wendy encourages responsible investing and highlights the importance of understanding market cycles.
LIBRARY INC. WINDING DOWN
- Library Inc., the company behind the Library blockchain, announces a wind-down plan due to financial difficulties caused by the SEC lawsuit.
- Wendy criticizes the SEC’s actions and calls for fair regulations in the crypto industry.
- Library’s social media app, Odyssey, may continue to operate using the Library network or switch to a traditional web 2.0 platform.
GARY GENSLER’S TWIN BROTHER
- Gary Gensler, the SEC Commissioner, has a twin brother who is a global fund manager.
- Speculation about potential involvement in questionable activities due to his brother’s connections.
- Wendy highlights the need for transparency and accountability in the crypto industry.
TREASURY DEPARTMENT CRACKDOWN ON CRYPTO MIXERS
- The Treasury Department calls for stricter regulations on crypto mixers due to concerns about money laundering.
- Wendy questions the focus on crypto rather than addressing similar issues with fiat currencies.
- Mention of Tether’s commitment to publishing real-time data about their reserves.
INFLATION RATES AND UNIVERSAL BASIC INCOME
- The United States is facing high levels of inflation, causing financial difficulties for many individuals and businesses.
- Canada’s government is considering a universal basic income to address financial inequalities.
- Wendy emphasizes the need for strong borders and protection of citizens while acknowledging the complexities of immigration policies in a diverse society.
00:00 – Show intro
02:10 – Purpose of trading & why we like Ripple
05:40 – The entire crypto market
06:00 – XRP chart analysis
11:20 – BTC chart analysis
13:20 – Huge win for Ripple and entire crypto industry
22:40 – Sad day for LBRY
27:00 – Grayscale case finalised tomorrow?
28:35 – Gensler’s brother is a fan of $ETH?
39:00 – ETH co-founder accused of robbing ex-workers
31:00 – SBF leaked chats
32:15 – Crypto mixers under attack
34:20 – Egg prices on the rise
35:00 – Biden administration wants even more money
37:30 – Final news stories