Originally aired on September 8, 2023
In this episode of The O Show, Wendy O discusses various topics including the revolutionary Ripple XRP acquisition, Mr. Beast’s Creator League, library’s appeal against the SEC, JP Morgan’s exploration of a blockchain-based deposit token, and more. She also emphasizes the importance of regulatory clarity in the crypto industry and the need for public servants to do their jobs effectively. Wendy also shares personal anecdotes and engages with her audience throughout the episode.
Ripple acquisition of Fortress Trust:
- Ripple announces intent to acquire Fortress Trust, a company focused on financial regulatory infrastructure for blockchain companies.
- The acquisition would expand Ripple’s portfolio of blockchain solutions for finance and add Nevada to Ripple’s list of regulatory licenses.
- The deal is still subject to due diligence and regulatory approvals.
Library’s appeal against the SEC:
- Library, a decentralized streaming platform, is appealing the court’s ruling in favor of the SEC, similar to Ripple’s case.
- The outcome of Library’s appeal could have significant implications for the crypto industry and regulatory clarity.
- The case highlights the importance of the Ripple case and the need for small companies to fight against administrative overreach.
Mr. Beast’s Creator League:
- Mr. Beast’s Creator League, a gaming league involving NFTs and blockchain technology, was postponed following backlash from traditional gamers and NFT scams.
- Wendy emphasizes the potential of blockchain and NFTs in gaming and the need for mainstream acceptance.
- The case highlights the challenges faced by new technologies in gaining acceptance and the role of influencers in shaping public opinion.
JP Morgan’s exploration of blockchain-based deposit token:
- JP Morgan is exploring the creation of a deposit token for payment settlements based on blockchain technology.
- The token would represent a digital version of deposits in customers’ accounts and could potentially speed up transactions.
- The approval of the project would mark an expansion of JP Morgan’s blockchain push and could impact the digital asset market.
Crypto regulatory pilot program suggested by CFTC commissioner:
- CFTC commissioner Caroline Fam suggests a pilot program to address crypto regulation, similar to regulatory sandboxes at the state level.
- The program aims to provide a framework for emerging technologies and market structures within existing laws and regulations.
- The pilot program would require clear support from the executive branch and authorizing legislation from Congress.
Taiwan’s guiding principles for virtual assets:
- Taiwan’s Financial Supervisory Commission issues 10 guiding principles for virtual asset providers to ensure compliance with AML regulations and customer protection.
- The principles emphasize the need for review mechanisms, segregation of customer payments, and non-solicitation of business by unregistered overseas firms.
- The guidelines provide clarity for crypto businesses operating in Taiwan and demonstrate the country’s commitment to innovation and consumer protection.
00:00 – Welcome to The O Show xoxo
00:05 – Is this a thirst trap?
04:00 – The entire crypto market
04:35 – BTC price analysis
06:30 – Pay attention to these big players
08:10 – Back to BTC
10:10 – Biggest troll on the internet
12:15 – Mr Beast promoted web3 project fails
13:45 – Revolutionary Ripple acquisition
16:25 – Thoughts on Daim
18:00 – WendyO is extremely intelligent
19:45 – BTC & XRP only regulatory compliant assets
21:40 – LBRY files to appeal SEC case
26:30 – Crypto regulatory pilot program
28:30 – JP Morgan to launch deposit token
29:40 – Taiwan launches 10 new regulation principles
31:55 – Fed vice chair says CBDC is not coming soon
32:30 – 8000% gains by Congress members
32:25 – FTX executive pleads guilty, to pay $1.5B
35:10 – Scammer get’s 12,000 years in jail
36:20 – Stake casino platform hack update