Originally aired on July 24, 2023
Wendy O covers several topics related to the cryptocurrency market and industry news.
- Wendy starts by discussing the recent correction in the price of Bitcoin, explaining it is a normal pullback after failing to break resistance around $31,800. She notes Bitcoin may consolidate between $28,200-$29,400 before making its next major move.
- There is an update on the Ripple SEC lawsuit and potential appeal. Wendy O agrees that any appeal will likely take years and may not change the current ruling that XRP is not a security.
- Twitter’s rebrand to “X” is covered, with speculation that XRP could be integrated given Elon Musk’s goals of enabling payments and crypto on the platform.
- World Coin, a new crypto project involving iris scanning for identity verification, launched but is not available in the US. Wendy O and others cite privacy concerns.
- Important economic data like GDP, inflation, and Fed interest rate decisions could impact markets this week. Regulatory pressure continues with allegations against Binance.US.
- Celsius reaches settlements to exit bankruptcy but customers will not be made whole. Customers may receive some crypto assets back and equity in Celsius’ new emerging company.
What caused the latest Bitcoin price drop?
- Bitcoin failed to break resistance around $31,800, resulting in a pullback and potential consolidation between $28,200-$29,400.
How could the Ripple-SEC lawsuit appeal play out?
- The appeal may take years, and even if Ripple loses the one issue, the overall verdict that XRP is not a security could stand.
Why is the XRP army excited about Twitter’s rebrand to X?
- With Elon Musk’s goals for X, there is speculation XRP could be integrated for payments.
What are the concerns around the newly launched World Coin?
- World Coin requires iris scanning for identity verification, raising privacy issues as biometrics can reveal much personal data.
What key economic events could impact crypto markets this week?
- GDP, inflation data, Fed interest rate decision, etc. could all cause volatility.
What new regulatory pressure is emerging in crypto?
- Allegations of wash trading against Binance.US point to continued SEC focus on exchanges.
Will Celsius creditors be made whole through bankruptcy settlements?
- No, customers will only get back a portion of assets and may receive equity in Celsius’ new emerging company.
00:00 – Intro
03:15 – The entire crypto market
03:30 – BTC price analysis
05:00 – XRP price analysis
05:20 – ADA price analysis
07:20 – Latest Ripple XRP updates
14:55 – Coinbase lawsuit latest updates
17:35 – Stop the Binance FUD
21:00 – What is Worldcoin? WLD
29:15 – Twitter rebrands to X Elon Musk
34:15 – Calls for Congress to ban CBDC
35:20 – Major key economic events this week
35:50 – Mr. P signs CBDC into law
37:40 – Back to BTC price analysis
38:45 – Celsius Network settlement to exit bankruptcy