Originally aired on June 30, 2023
IconX Racing is a blockchain-based racing game that aims to provide the thrill of racing to the majority of racing fans who do not participate in real racing. The game allows players to have a stake in the game and offers a unique car collection system where players can customize their cars and characters using their NFT collection. IconX Racing combines simulation and arcade elements to create a skill-based game. The game’s strategy for onboarding mainstream gamers involves presenting it as a regular racing game with digital goods and assets, rather than emphasizing crypto and NFTs. The game has a sustainable monetization model that includes in-game purchases, cash earnings, and partnerships with brands.
Shifting into web3 Gear with IconX Racing:
- What is IconX Racing and its goal?
- How does the game combine simulation and arcade elements?
- How does the game incorporate NFT customization?
- Where does IconX Racing stand on the spectrum of racing games?
- What is the strategy for onboarding mainstream gamers?
- How does the game monetize itself?
Watch this episode to find out all this and more from IconX Racing.