Originally aired on November 15, 2023
Wendy O covers a wide range of topics related to cryptocurrency and the latest developments in the industry. She discusses the impact of new competitors on major exchanges such as Binance and Coinbase, and the recent pullback in the crypto market. Wendy offers insights into the importance of dollar cost averaging and setting limit orders as part of an investment strategy. She also shares news about the acquisition of a crypto asset custody license by a German bank, and the upcoming launch of a regulated programmable Euro on the Avalanche network. Additionally, she highlights the launch of a gaming marketplace by Pancake Swap, and the latest developments in decentralized exchanges such as dydx and Poloniex. The episode concludes with updates on security breaches and new partnerships in the crypto space.
What impact does the new competition have on major crypto exchanges?
- New competition from a regulated exchange in Abu Dhabi is challenging the dominance of Binance and Coinbase
- The exchange, M2, is backed by billions of dollars and tied to major financial institutions
- Kevin O’Leary suggests M2 will divert a significant portion of Binance’s accounts due to its compliance and backing
How should investors approach the recent pullback in the crypto market?
- Dollar cost averaging and setting limit orders are recommended to take advantage of market volatility
- Wendy emphasizes the importance of having a trading and investment plan when navigating price fluctuations
- Technical analysis can aid in identifying potential buying opportunities during market pullbacks
What is the significance of the new crypto asset custody license granted to a German bank?
- Commerce Bank in Germany has been granted a custody license for crypto assets
- The license allows the bank to hold and secure crypto assets on behalf of clients
- This development signifies increased institutional participation and acceptance of cryptocurrencies in the traditional banking sector
What are the latest developments in the decentralized exchange (DEX) space?
- Jupiter exchange, a Solana-based DEX, has seen significant growth and is gaining popularity
- Pancake Swap introduces a gaming marketplace, allowing developers to integrate crypto and NFTs into games
- Dydx experiences a pump ahead of a $50 million token unlock, indicating market anticipation and potential profit-taking
What are the updates on security breaches and new partnerships in the crypto space?
- Poloniex completes wallet restoration efforts following a security breach and is fortifying security through a top-tier audit
- OkX announces the development of a Layer 2 blockchain using Polygon, providing scalability and gas fee payment via the OKB token
- Tia, a modular blockchain, experiences a price surge but faces scrutiny over limited on-chain activity and transaction throughput
00:00 – Intro
03:40 – The entire crypto market, BTC price analysis
06:40 -Stablecoin inflows surging
08:20 – Is it over for top crypto exchanges?
14:30 – SEC v Binance update
17:30 – Gensler needs to be subpoenaed
19:00 – Shoutout to Squidgrow and community!
19:15 – Why did they clean up San Francisco?
23:00 – US national debt is ballooning
25:00 – Public servants are not your friends
27:30 – Fight breaks out in Congress
28:00 = Bullish Algorand ALGOnews
29:00 – Huge Avalanche partnership
30:40 – German bank gets crypto license
30:50 – Hedera HBAR Binance Japan listing incoming
31:05 – Solana DEX overtakes #uniswap
32:00 – FTX has no unlocked #sol left
33:25 – SOL price analysis
34:10 – DYDX pumps ahead of massive token unlock
36:00 – Here’s why Celestia TIA pumped
36:50 – Pancakeswap launching web3 gaming platform
38:00 – Poloniex back online after $100M hack
39:00 – OKX exchange news