Originally aired on August 25, 2023
Wendy O covers several trending crypto stories in this episode. She starts by discussing the Pepe meme coin team getting exposed for dumping tokens and reducing the multisig wallet signatures. Wendy then talks about inflation being transitory according to the Fed, warning more rate hikes could make inflation worse. Other topics include the SEC targeting crypto regulation, the importance of privacy and decentralization, Sam Bankman-Fried getting special treatment from regulators, risks of hacks and data breaches with centralized entities like FTX and BlockFi, and more. Throughout the show, Wendy gives her opinion on the news while advising viewers to be cautious investing in the bear market.
What concerning news did Wendy share about Pepe meme coin?
- Dev team anonymously dumped tokens, reduced multisig control
- Wendy predicts it will likely go to zero, warns about meme coin risks
What did the Fed say about inflation and rate hikes?
- Powell said inflation still too high, more rate hikes coming
- Wendy argues inflation not transitory, higher rates will drive costs up
Why does Wendy emphasize the importance of privacy and decentralization?
- SEC targeting crypto regulation, forcing KYC
- Wendy values privacy rights, dangers of CBDCs
- Hacks and breaches show risks of centralized entities
What controversies did Wendy discuss regarding SBF and regulators?
- SBF got special treatment compared to other crypto companies
- Wendy suspects he was used to push authoritarian agenda
What warnings does Wendy give crypto investors?
- Most meme coins will go to zero eventually
- Crypto market still uncertain, so be cautious
- Don’t leave money on centralized exchanges
00:00 – Intro
00:15 – PEPE team exposed
11:40 – Inflation is not transitory
19:30 – SEC denies Grayscale spot BTC ETF
20:45 – SEC wants to amend certain broker dealers
22:20 – US Treasury and IRS force changes on Uniswap and 1inch
26:10 – FTX Blockfi data breach