Originally aired on June 19, 2023
Tiffany Snelling Davis, a social impact leader, Becky Morphis, the head of thought leadership at Fidelity Charitable, and Josh Kriger, CEO of Landmark Ventures, discuss the Art of Generosity NFT project at the Social Innovation Summit 2023. The project brought together 12 diverse artists to create their vision of the meaning of generosity, resulting in over 118,000 pieces minted, making it the largest known philanthropy-related mint.
How did the Art of Generosity NFT project come to be?
- Fidelity Charitable’s mission to help people give in a simple, effective, and accessible way led them to explore the potential of web3 to galvanize conversations around giving.
- The project’s objective was to bring more people to the table and explore the utility of web3 while creating a collection that celebrates generosity.
How did Nick Davis come to be part of the project?
- Nick Davis was selected for inclusion in the project because of his commitment to positively sharing black voices.
- The decision to include Nick’s work after his passing honors his legacy and was a commitment to keeping his art and memory alive.
What was the success of the project?
- Over 118,000 pieces were minted, making it the largest known philanthropy-related mint.
- $50,000 was distributed to community-selected charities in celebration of generosity.
What’s next for the project?
- The focus is currently on wrapping up the project with grants to the selected organizations that represent Nick’s legacy and the project’s mission.
- Future plans are still under consideration.
What were the surprises or insights from the collaboration?
- Fidelity Charitable’s willingness to experiment and innovate in the web3 space was refreshing and noteworthy.
- The project sparked a more significant movement in the NFT space and resonated with thousands of collectors.
What is the Social Innovation Summit?
The Social Innovation Summit represents a global annual convening of black swans and wayward thinkers. Those playing at the nexus of technology, investment, philanthropy, international development, and business come together to investigate solutions and catalyze inspired partnerships disrupting the future.
Guests on this Episode:
Our own Josh Kriger sat down and chatted with; Tiffany Snelling Davis, a soulful impact leader and widow of the late Nick Davis, creator of the ‘Black is Beautiful’ collection. – https://houseoffirst.com/collections/…
Becky Morphis, Head of Thought Leadership at Fidelity Charitable – The nation’s largest donor-advised fund sponsor and the world’s largest grantmaker. Last year they donated over 11B dollars!
Zeev Klein, COO of Landmark Ventures and founder of the Social Innovation Summit!