Originally aired on February 17, 2023
Stablecoin Crackdown: SEC Targets Circle’s USDC
- Stablecoins like USDC and BUSD are designed to be stable when all else fails in the crypto market
- The SEC is soon expected to issue an enforcement notice to Circle over USDC, after already sending one to Paxos
- Gary Gensler, the SEC chairman, is suggesting that stablecoins could be considered securities
- Rumors are circulating about government scrutiny of crypto staking, with Circle’s USDC being caught in the crosshairs
- Senator Cruz has proposed vending machines in the Capitol building that take crypto for payment
Stability of Stablecoins in Question as SEC Targets Circle’s USDC
Meta description (250 characters max): Find out more about the SEC’s potential crackdown on stablecoins, including Circle’s USDC, and the implications for the crypto market.
Meta description (100 characters long): Discover how the SEC’s scrutiny of stablecoins, like Circle’s USDC, could affect the crypto market.
Keywords/keyphrases: stablecoins, USDC, SEC, enforcement notice, crypto staking, crypto payments