Originally aired June 14, 2023
The Bad AI Show discusses the potential risks of AI and its potential to cause extinction. The hosts also discuss the future of the AI industry, including Meta’s Llama League open-source large language model, Apple’s new Apple Vision augmented reality headset, and the merger between AR and AI.
Is regulation necessary for AI?
- The Center for AI Safety warns about the potential risks of AI and that mitigating the risk of extinction from AI should be a global priority.
- Some believe that regulations are necessary to prevent monopolies in the AI industry while others worry that AI will lead to a Terminator-like scenario.
How is Meta’s LLaMA League affecting the open-source AI community?
- Meta’s LLaMA League open-source large language model is being viewed as a threat to the open-source AI community.
- Some lawmakers are calling for regulations on releasing sophisticated AI models like the Llama League.
What impact will Apple’s new Apple Vision headset have on the AI industry?
- The Apple Vision augmented reality headset is significantly cheaper than other headsets in the market, making it more accessible to the general public.
- The merger between AR and AI will create new experiences for users, such as being able to sit at the 50-yard line at the Super Bowl and pay-per-view content options.