Originally aired on August 15, 2023
Wendy O covers multiple topics including the truth behind the XRP-Amazon partnership rumor and the launch of the first spot Bitcoin ETF. Wendy shares her personal experiences with a freezer malfunction and getting let go from CoinDesk. The episode also discusses the current state of the crypto market, the controversy surrounding Binance and the SEC, Europe’s first spot Bitcoin ETF, an Argentinian politician’s pro-Bitcoin stance, and an indictment involving SBF and Gary Gensler. Lastly, the episode mentions the bankruptcy filing of Prime Trust and the unlocking of SAND tokens in the Sandbox project.
The truth about the XRP-Amazon partnership rumor:
- The partnership was first announced in 2020 related to Amazon Web Services.
- It is not a true partnership but rather a business signing up to use AWS.
- Any business can sign up for AWS and get a profile displayed on the AWS website.
Binance’s protective order against the SEC:
- Binance accuses the SEC of conducting a fishing expedition with its discovery requests.
- The SEC has served broad and unreasonable discovery requests that are not relevant to the lawsuit.
- Binance argues for fair and consistent treatment from the SEC.
The launch of Europe’s first spot Bitcoin ETF:
- Jacoby Asset Management listed the Jacoby ft Wilshire Bitcoin ETF on Euronex Amsterdam.
- The ETF is regulated by the Guernsey Financial Services Commission.
- Custody for the fund is provided by Fidelity, and trading by Flow Traders.
Pro-Bitcoin candidate in Argentina’s primary presidential elections:
- Javier is a pro-Bitcoin politician advocating for a dollarization of the economy in Argentina.
- He believes in the return of money to the private sector and supports Bitcoin’s original principles.
- His stance may have significant implications for the country’s economic policies.
New SPF indictment and potential impact on Gary Gensler:
- The indictment alleges that SBF lobbied government officials for cryptocurrency regulations favoring his business.
- The indictment could lead to Gary Gensler being called as a witness and cross-examined under oath.
Prime Trust’s chapter 11 bankruptcy filing:
- The cryptocurrency custodian filed for bankruptcy protection following a shortfall in customer funds.
- The company’s financial condition was deemed critically deficient by Nevada’s business regulator.
- Creditors have claimed approximately $105-55 million in liabilities.
00:00 – intro
01:55 – Fix Wendy’s fridge
06:20 – The entire crypto market
06:35 – BTC daily
07:25 – DXY US dollar
08:45 – Amazon Ripple partnership old news hype
10:10 – Binance asks for protective order against SEC
10:40 – Ukraine aid VS Hawaii aid
15:20 – Back to Binance story
21:30 – Taking responsibility for your actions
22:30 – Gary Gensler loves AI
23:25 – If this is you, do not invest
29:15 – Are trade schools a scam?
31:15 – No Grayscale SEC decision today
34:30 – First spot BTC ETF launches in Europe
37:35 – Pro-Bitcoin candidate wins election in Argentina
39:30 – New FTX SBF indictment
40:30 – Prime Trust crypto custodian files for bankruptcy protection
42:20 – Sandbox SAND token unlock
42:50 – SAND price analysis
43:20 – Final news stories