Originally aired on November 13, 2023
On the “Edge of NFT” podcast, host Wendy O. and guest Sandy Carter, COO and Head of Business Development at Unstoppable Domains, joined Joshua Kriguer and Richard Carthon to discuss the latest news around blockchain gaming and crypto monetization schemes. The French National Assembly’s groundbreaking vote on the regulatory framework for video games featuring NFTs and crypto-powered monetization schemes was a highlight. The episode also covered the Norman Rockwell Museum’s launch of an NFT multi-part series and the potential for intergenerational engagement with digital art collectibles.
What was the French National Assembly’s recent vote on blockchain gaming and crypto monetization schemes?
- The French National Assembly passed the so-called “So Rare” law to establish a regulatory framework for video games involving NFTs and crypto monetization schemes.
- The legislation aims to balance fostering innovation among French startups with ensuring user protection.
- This decision paves the way for a potential new regulatory framework specifically tailored to crypto games, distinct from traditional video games and gambling.
What is the significance of the Norman Rockwell Museum’s launch of an NFT multi-part series?
- The Norman Rockwell Museum and the Rockwell family have introduced an NFT multi-part series, offering collectors the chance to own digital and physical works from the artist’s archives.
- The series includes never-before-published images and process works, providing a fresh perspective on the iconic artist’s legacy.
- The launch demonstrates the ongoing interest in digital collectibles within the fine art world, even in a bear market, and the potential for intergenerational engagement with cultural heritage.
00:00 – Introduction: What is the Edge of NFT Hot Topics?
00:24 – NFT Games are NOT Gambling!
01:37 – Richard’s Hot Take on Crypto Regulations in Gaming
02:19 – Josh’s Conclusions on Web3 Gaming
03:02 – Norman Rockwell Museum’s NFTs!
04:04 – Sandy Carter’s Childhood Memories of Norman Rockwell
05:01 – Richard’s Opinions on Nostalgia and its Effect on Collectibles