Originally aired on September 7, 2023
Wendy O covers the latest crypto news including major updates on the Ripple vs SEC case. Wendy discusses rumors of a potential settlement date being leaked and predictions for Ripple’s upcoming party announcement. Other topics include analysis of the XRP ledger upgrades, perspectives on IMF crypto regulation plans, and details on the unfolding Genesis Capital situation.
Wendy provides her usual colorful commentary, criticizing the SEC and supporting Ripple. She also argues that crypto companies should be more transparent. Overall she remains cautiously optimistic on crypto adoption advancing despite regulatory hurdles.
What were the rumors around the Ripple vs SEC case?
- Rumors suggest Ripple may announce a settlement with the SEC at an upcoming party
- However Wendy is skeptical a full settlement will occur given the SEC’s past stance
- She expects a Ripple IPO announcement and possibly some other positive updates
What upgrades were made to the XRP ledger?
- A new automatic market maker feature improves liquidity
- But a controversial “clawback” tool undermines decentralization ideals
- Wendy says it helps centralization but harms permissionless aspects
What was the IMF proposing for crypto regulation?
- Claimed to oppose blanket bans but still seeks stringent oversight
- Wendy argues this effectively amounts to a ban through heavy regulation
- Says it contradicts the IMF’s other public statements supporting crypto
What is happening with Genesis Capital?
- Genesis sued parent company DCG for failure to repay huge loans
- DCG and Genesis engage in questionable lending practices with each other
- Wendy says it casts doubt on prospects for a Bitcoin ETF approval soon
00:00 – Intro
00:05 – How WendyO built this channel
09:20 – The entire crypto market
09:35 – BTC price analysis
11:20 – How we do things at The O Show
12:30 – DXY US Dollar index analysis
13:55 – Ben Armstrong is back & rebuilding
14:30 – Funny story about $XVG
16:10 – Ripple to announce this at NTC party
20:30 – San Francisco lost a big opportunity
25:55 – New upgrades to XPRL
30:05 – XRP can be donated o Maui relief fund
34:15 – Ark Invest files for ETH ETF
35:35 – Grayscale BTC Trust’s holdings revealed on-chain
37:40 – HUGE DCG lawsuit updates
40:55 – Genesis files for Over $600M in unpaid DCG Loans
42:40 – Former FTX executive to plead guilty to criminal charges
43:35 – News from our PARTNER Coreum
44:40 – Tokenization group to bring next trillion assets to blockchain
45:05 – A crazy way to regulate crypto
47:05 – Fair value accounting coming to crypto